Inspired by Jim The Wordslinger, one of my favourite bloggers and one of the first blogs I ever read, I have decided to post my “30 before 30” list… That is 30 things I would like to have done by the time I reach 30.
I realise my list unfortunately includes some rather expensive ambitions and the devastating fact that money actually does NOT grow on trees, may somewhat hinder my ambition. But nevertheless I thought I’d write them down and see how I go. I realise that number 4 is more a matter of luck than ambition, BUT… if number 4 comes true I will be doing the whole list! (I have a secret guilty pleasure of betting on horse racing… ok secrets out now then!).
So without further
mindless chatting ado, in no particular order…
1) Watch a famous ballet
2) Go to an opera
3) Raise a substantial amount for charity
4) Win the Scoop6 (I was going to put buy a house, but I’d need to win the Scoop6 first to do that anyway!)
5) Try water skiing
6) See the Northern Lights
7) Do a first aid course
8) Learn Greek
9) Fly in a hot air balloon
10) Go paintballing
11) Go Ape (This is a treetop assault course – I don’t aspire to turn into a monkey or lose my marbles)
12) Take up some form of dancing
13) Do a cake decorating course
14) Go to a blogging event
15) Walk the entire Cotswold Way (102 miles)
16) Get freshly pressed
17) Try indoor skydiving
18) Go Sphereing
19) Go zorbing
20) Clear all my debts
21) Improve my credit rating from poor to excellent
22) Go on a cruise
23) Get my poetry published
24) Go to Turkey & have a Turkish Bath
25) Start my own business
26) Take the family to Disneyworld Florida
27) Go to Italy by train
28) Have afternoon tea at The Ritz
29) Go to the Moulin Rouge for dinner and show
30) Visit Las Vegas, Canada, California & cross America by train
I have 3 years and 7 months until I’m 30… So here goes, lets see how many I can cross off and which ones will shamefully have to be carried over to my 40 before 40 list!
ps. Having written this and thinking that 3 years and 7 months is not very long, I now need to say something to make myself feel young again. And that is… “I’M STILL IN MY TWENTIES!” *Standing on chair and shouting WOOP WOOP* (I’m sure I will not age gracefully, When it happens… I will deny it and start counting my birthdays backwards!)
Some of my other fellow blog readers also have 30 before 30 lists / bucketlists. One of these is Emma from OutMUMbered who has a 30 before 30 list on her blog. Another of my favourites is Travel Lady With Baby who despite having already travelled most of the world, still has a whole bucketlist of ambitions she’d like to fulfil. Just click the links to check out theirs.
Much blog love to all my readers… What are your ambitions?