Below is my recipe for slow cooked pheasant pie
#CookitBlogit is the brainchild of The Diary of a Frugal Family and Crazy With Twins (me), and the first ever CookitBlogit was hosted by the oh so frugal Cass last week. So without further ado… here is my recipe for this week… and if you are a blogger – link up any recipes you have posted in the last week, at the bottom!
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 8 hours
Slow Cooker Ingredients Pastry Ingredients
4 Pheasant Breasts 300g Plain Flour
4 Rashers of Bacon 165g Butter
200g Mushrooms 4-5 tbsp water
2-3 Cloves of fresh garlic
3 tbsp plain flour (use wholemeal for healthier option)
250ml Chicken Stock
100ml Marsala Wine
1. Cut the pheasant breasts and the bacon into small pieces.
2. Chop the mushrooms into quarters
3. Crush (or finely chop) the garlic
4. Put ALL of the slow cooker ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on slow for 7 hours.
5. Put all the pastry ingredients into a food processor and pulse until crumbs appear.
6. Add the water a little at a time (you may not need all of it) and pulse until a ball of dough forms.
7. Wrap dough in clingfilm and refridgerate for 20-30 minutes.
8. Roll out pastry and cover the base of the pie dish
9. Put the slow cooker contents into the pie and top with pastry.
10. Bake for 40 minutes at 200 degrees
You can do this pie with ordinary flour (as photographs show), but lately we have been using wholemeal flour, as part of a challenge to eat more wholegrains.
So… anyone with a recipe to share? Link up below. We don’t have a badge yet but feel free to link to us or copy the image.