I wanted to join in with this weeks Reasons To Be Cheerful, while I’m stuck in hospital isolation and missing my girls and my husband, because I think its important to realise there are many people worse off than me. With only a dodgy mobile connection and an old phone, I can just about get this blog to work!
Reasons to be cheerful:
1. I can officially say I’m a danger to society and I can make radioactive farts! (Well it amused me anyway!)
2. Some kind former patient left me a creme egg! Cheers!
3. I am now a FINALIST in the BiB Awards (Brilliance in Blogging) in the Inspire category. Thankyou hugely to everyone who both nominated and voted for me! It’s a huge honour.
4. I am going to be LIVE ON AIR FROM ISOLATION on BBC Radio Gloucestershire (1:15pm today) talking about my radiotherapy and the #S2S2D blog hop. Sarah from Mum of Three World will also be on air talking about it, after recording her interview with them yesterday!
5. I have a wealth of emotional support from bloggers and tweeters, as well as friends and family.
6. There is a FREE TO USE phone in isolation! And I have a weak, dodgy unreliable and slow mobile internet connection on my old phone… So I can read some of my tweets!
7. Just before coming into hospital, I found out the payment plans were complete on two of my long standing store card debts… Meaning they are paid in full and a weight off my mind!
8. I can now eat all the things I love again! No more miserable low iodine diet until my scan in 6months. Dairy, eggs, bread… I missed you! The party is in my mouth!
9. I’ve raised almost £400 so far in Race For Life sponsorship, for Cancer Research UK.
10. Things might be tough right now, I miss my girls like crazy, but I am KICKING CANCERS ASS! There are people further down the hall, less fortunate than me, I’m one of the lucky ones.