I couldn’t resist entering the Center Parcs Chocolate Challenge, in association with Tots100. Aside from the amazing prize for the winner (a short break at Center Parcs), it sounded like a fun activity for me and Bunny.
So I decided to make some no-bake chocolate truffles, which means the kids can do them for you! The great thing about these is they are so versatile, you can make them to taste like your favourite Easter chocolate. We chose to do Crunchie and Creme Egg flavoured truffles, but you could substitute the chocolate for pretty much any chocolate bar!
First we tried making some egg shaped truffles.
-Some dipped in Chocolate and decorated like easter eggs…
-Some rolled in Coconut and some rolled in Cocoa…
We also did some traditional round truffles, once we got the hang of making the shapes because they look and taste amazing.
-Some we dipped in melted chocolate and added chocolate hearts, and some we rolled in chocolate sprinkles!
Here’s how to make them…
2 Large Crunchie Bars
1 Creme egg (melted)
50g chopped almonds
50g chopped raisins
200g Chocolate digestives
397g tin of Condensed Milk
Handful of Rice Crispies
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
Decoration of choice (cocoa, dessicated coconut, sprinkles)
1. Smash up the biscuits and the chocolate bars
2. Mix Cocoa Powder, Smashed chocolate, chopped almonds, chopped raisins, melted creme egg with the condensed milk. Stir until a dough forms.
3. If the mixture still seems a bit too moist, add crushed rice crispies until you get the right consistency.
4. Chill for an hour.
5. Roll into balls or egg shapes.
6. Chill on greaseproof paper in the fridge overnight.
7. Dip the truffles in melted chocolate and decorate as desired.
8. Chill until required
There you have it – truffles made and ready to eat or give as a gift!
Leave a Reply